Workshops for Parent Groups
Responding Versus Reacting to Your Kids: Key Principles and Techniques for Effective Parenting.
Our most popular workshop for parents, this two- to eight-hour training covers the following areas:
- Managing number one, first (i.e. coping strategies that help parents stay calm under pressure)
- Understanding the relationship between lack of support and punitive actions, and what to do when support is insufficient
- The importance of understanding developmental stages
- Appreciating the uniqueness of every child from a variety of perspectives
- Tips to prevent problem behavior in the home
- Building self-esteem in children and youth
- Techniques to control tone and affect
- Communication principles and strategies
- How, why, and when to issue consequences
- When and how to use incentives to motivate behavior
- Helping children and youth to self-manage their behavior
Each attendee receives a 30-page handout, which can be made available in advance.
A/V requirements: LCD projector and screen, TV/VCR. For groups of 50 or more, a clip-on, lavaliere microphone is requested.
Fee: Negotiable, based on location, time of year, number of attendees, training content, number of training hours and days, required preparation time, and similar factors.